What We Do
What We Do at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Big Pines
To accomplish our MISSION
To inspire and enable all youth grades K-12, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens through the development of a positive self-image and self-reliance.
We practice a set of PRINCIPLES
· are for all Boys & Girls.
· have full-time professional leadership.
· require no proof of good character.
· make sure that all girls and boys can afford to belong.
· are building-centered.
· are nonsectarian.
· have an open-door policy.
· have a varied and diversified program.
· are guidance-oriented.
Using 3 basic youth development APPROACHES
· Individual · Small Group · Large Group or Drop-In Activities
Based on a Youth Development Strategy to foster:
· a sense of competence.
· a sense of usefulness.
· a sense of belonging.
· a sense of power of influence.
To provide positive SERVICES
We strive to offer a diversified program in five areas:
· Character and Leadership Development
· Education and Career Development
· Health and Life Skills
· Sports, Fitness and Recreation
Our informal guidance METHODS
· We limit the time for negative experiences.
· Through staff example we provide strong, positive role models.
· We provide recognition, attention and acceptance.
· We control peer groups.
· We reinforce positive behavior.
· Our diverse program offers opportunity for each boy and girl to succeed.
Build capacities that kids NEED
· Positive self-identity.
· Competencies in education, employment, social, emotional and cultural experiences.
· Community and civic involvement.
· Health and well-being.
· Moral compass.